COVID-19 Response and Resources
Hand Up Health Services continues to conduct outreach as Needle Exchange is an essential service. In order to ensure adequate volunteers at each outreach site the Thursday nights in Dover are temporarily canceled.
If you have life-threatening symptoms, such as difficulty breathing, please call 911.
If you are experiencing common symptoms of COVID-19, such as fever or cough, please call your primary care provider for guidance. Call 2-1-1 if you do not have a primary care provider
Strafford County Resources
- Increasing distributed injection supplies
- Ensuring participants have an adequate supply of Naloxone
- Reading membership numbers rather than handling ID cards
- Providing education around COVID-19 to participants
- Ensuring only healthy volunteers conduct outreach
- Minimizing physical proximity with participants and other volunteers
- Sanitizing tables, totes and other equipment frequently during outreach
- Frequent use of hand sanitizer and hand washing