In June 2017, Governor Sununu held a public signing ceremony for SB234 permitting the operation of Syringe Services Programs (SSPs) in New Hampshire. SSPs are key to addressing critical unmet public health needs in the state’s substance use crisis. Please join the NH Harm Reduction Coalition as we address a series of questions and topics related to expanding SSPs in NH, such as:
• Specific legal boundaries of SSP operations
• Administrative and reporting requirements to DHHS
• Tailoring the best SSP model for your community and organization
• Available Training and Support to start and sustain a SSP
• Resources for funding and supplies
• Building a Harm Reduction Coalition and Support Network in NH
Mark Kinzly and Kevin Irwin have been working with SSPs throughout the US and overseas since the 1990s, and will share their accumulated expertise. We will also be joined by key staff of the DHHS Division of Public Health Services to review requirements and answer questions.
When: Friday September 22, 1:00pm-3:00pm
Where: NH Hospital Association, 125 Airport Rd, Concord, Conference Room II.
Who: All prospective SSP providers and allies