HAND-UP Syringe Services
*Services pending State approval
HAND-UP comprises a diverse group delivering free, community-based services that reduce the personal and social harms associated with drug use. We are a direct services program of the New Hampshire Harm Reduction Coalition operating in Strafford and Rockingham Counties.
HAND UP is composed entirely of volunteers who deliver services and materials to people at risk of drug overdose, HIV/HCV and other viral and bacterial infection, and harms associated with the drug and sex trades in our communities. We reach people through direct outreach and by referral from health care service providers and peers among drug-using communities.
Our services are confidential; we do not collect or share identifying information about anyone we serve.
Services & Materials Offered
• Naloxone & safe-use education
• Sterile syringes/needles
• Collection of used syringes/needles
• Injection wound care/education
• Sterile water Wound care services and materials
• STD prevention materials
• Referral to health services
• Referral to peer support, counseling & treatment for HIV, HCV, mental health, sexual & domestic violence, substance use disorders
• Drug safety promotion education and literature
Call/Text/email for outreach services
HAND UP Syringe Services